How do you come up with hints to help you escape the room?
Escape rooms are created in such a way that you will need to have your wits about you at every moment. You crack codes, solve puzzles, and uncover the hidden clues, all in a short span of time to get out of there. As a player, you are submerged into constant action during the game, making any video game or board game you might’ve played in the past feel tame.
The concept of escape rooms has become extremely popular in the last few years. Brands are constantly on the lookout for curating unique missions to keep their ever-growing audience satisfied. Each company is aspiring to create escape experiences that can offer a fun challenge, even to seasoned players. So, whether you are a first-time escapee or a veteran, here are a few tips to help you win your next escape game:
- Get your team ready– Assembling your perfect team is half the battle won. Different escape rooms have different people count, anywhere from 2 to 11, so remember to take your escapees accordingly. Since any team’s fate depends on good communication between individual members, it is best if you team up with people you know closely and are on the same wavelength. An ideal scenario would be to create your team with people you know well personally so that you can use their particular talents to use at particular places. But even if you have to pair up with strangers, make sure to warm up to each other with informal conversations so that you can collaborate easily without getting awkward during the game.
- Choosing the best-themed room– Choosing your ideal escape room amidst a myriad of options can be tough. Most escape room enterprises offer a selection of themes- from all-out thrilling horror to fantasy and crazy adventures. Within these themes are different levels, some more beginner-friendly, and some pro-level. So, whether you like chilling scenes marked by unspeakable horror or want to race against time to defuse the bomb to save the city, make sure you pick the right mission for you and your entire team.
- Listening carefully to the game guide– It’s standard practice at any escape room facility for the game master to give a detailed explanation of the entire process and the backstory of the game. Make sure you listen carefully because the narrative may contain essential hints.
- Coming up with a game plan– It is important to take a minute and form a plan once you enter the room and the doors close behind you. Most people just go about solving the clues they see in a haphazard manner, making the situation even more confusing. So, once you have had the chance to assess the room, discuss the problems first as a group and chalk up a rough game plan.
- Search everywhere– This might sound like an obvious thing but looking at, in, and under everything is one of the best ways to make sure that you don’t miss out on any important clue that can help you escape. As simple as it might sound, most escapees miss out on vital clues because they often discard the searching aspect of the game.
- Get a new perspective– If it seems that you are stuck in a place while the time runs out, pause for a few seconds and try to get a new way to look at the puzzle. Do not overthink and give other teammates a chance to try it a different way. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can detect important clues that you might be missing in plain sight.
- Keeping track of the progress– A key factor in escaping a mystery room successfully is to keep an inventory of all the clues you have accumulated. Organizing power plays an integral part in escaping the room on time.
- The props are important– Often, in escape rooms, you will find that not everything is as it seems. Most times, the clues are hidden in the props, or they are an integral part of solving the puzzles. So, if you’re stuck, look at the props inside the room and start thinking outside the box.
- Ask for hints– Purists may frown upon the needing-help-when-stuck part, but there is no shame in it. If you have tried everything and still can’t figure it out, it is perfectly acceptable to ask the gamemaster for as many clues as you’d like.
- Stay positive and enjoy the game– The most important thing you can do inside an escape room is to have fun while solving the puzzles. And even if you or your teammates cannot solve certain things on time, do not get discouraged and keep trying. Having a healthy mindset while working together is the key to winning this game!
With all these points in mind, you are sure to do well once in your next escape adventure. Playing an escape game in good fun and a positive attitude is the bottom line of it all, as it helps you form a deeper bond with your team. But winning any game is half the fun, isn’t it? So, remember these little tips, and you surely won’t miss out on either the competitive or the qualitative aspects of a successful escapade!
Are you ready to go on a mission?